OAM, MB, BCH, FRANZCO, FRACS
D4B Role – Co-Founder & Senior Advisor
Former Community Ophthalmologist, Republic of Bophuthatswana
Senior Lecturer, Department of Ophthalmology, University of
New South Wales
1989-2012. Designer of Rotary Bali Blindness and Senior Consultant
to the Project. Made Honorary Rotarian, West Perth Club.
1993-2001. Consultant Ophthalmologist and Registrar Trainer
Papua New Guinea
1999-2000. Consultant Ophthalmologist and Surgical Trainer in
conjunction with Help Age International Siem Reap, Cambodia
1999. Created a Paul Harris Fellow by Rotary Club of West Perth.
2002- Present. Founder and Medical Coordinator Myanmar Eye Care Project, based initially a Wachet Jivitadana, Sangha Hospital, Sagaing, Myanmar
2004-2013. Chairman, Overseas Aid Interest Group, Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
2011 – Present Honorary Coordinator Cambodia Eye Care Project Honorary Adviser to Battambang Ophthalmic Care, Cambodia
Yangon Jivitadana Sangha Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar
Medical University Number Two, Yangon and its teaching facility at North Okkalapa General Hospital
Department of Ophthalmology, Mandalay Eye and Ear Hospital
Tipitaka Cakkhu Pala Jivitadana Sangha Eye Hospital, Myanmar (project adviser and development consultant)
2013 Honorary Consultant to Andhra Pradesh Eye Care Project, Garividi India
2019-2020 Honorary Consultant, Australia-Ethiopia Eye Care Project
Geoff’s D4B Campaign Media Engagements
- SBS World News with Senior Journalist Catalina Florez
- Topic: Targeted Sanctions (10th March 2021)
- 2SER Radio ‘The Wire” program with Marc De Paoli
- Topic: The situation in Burma (14th March 2021)
- SBS World News interview with Reporter Dom Vukovic
- Topic: The situation in Burma (16th May 2021)
- D4B Debates – Panel Discussion No 1. A 4-Part Podcast Series. Geoff opened the panel discussion and introduced the panel host Shane Brady. (16th May 2021)
- ticker NEWS interview with Host Anthony Lucas
- Topic: Protest Art Exhibition & situation in Burma (18th May 2021)
- D4B Debates – Panel Discussion No 4. Geoff joined the panel discussion focusing on the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Burma.