BA (Politics & Geography), MA (Humanitarian Assist)
Blockchain Strategy – Oxford University
D4B Role – Campaign Strategy, Humanitarian Action Advisor & D4B Debates Panel Host
Humanitarian Aid Specialist
Dedicated aid professional with 15 years of international experience
in humanitarian and development programming. Proven track record
in securing funding from major institutional donors and successfully
managing complex, multi-sector responses. Strong leadership and
interpersonal skills with a strategic outlook and a focus on quality,
accountability and innovation.
Programme Director, Relief International (Iran) 2019-2021
Head of Programme (Humanitarian) – Save The Children (Burma) 2016-2018
Humanitarian Programme Manager – Trócaire (Burma) 2013-2016
Small Arms & Light Weapons Risk Reduction Project Manager – Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion (Libya) 2012
Programme Support Coordinator – Concern Worldwide (Worldwide, Pakistan & Laos) 2005-2011
Shane’s D4B Campaign Media Engagements
- Sydney Morning Herald – Opinion Piece
- Topic: ‘Half-hearted’: Australia slow in its response to crisis in Myanmar (31st March 2021)
- South China Morning Post interview with Senior Asia Correspondent Maria Siow
- Topic: Ethnic Armed Groups (27th March 2021)
- SBS World News interview with Sydney-based Reporter Dom Vukovic (16th March 2021)
- Topic: The art scene in Burma under the coup and the Protest Art Exhibition.
- D4B Debates – Panel Discussion No 1. A 4-Part Podcast Series Hosted by Shane. (Recorded on 16th May 2021) Be sure to listen to this podcast here: D4B Debate No 1 – The Background to the coup in Burma.
- D4B Debates – Panel Discussion No 2. A 4-Part Podcast Series Hosted by Shane. (Recorded on 23rd May 2021)